<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > School/Navy woes

School/Navy woes

April 7th, 2007 at 07:09 am

I am applying to pharmacy school this year and I got my first acceptance letter!! Yay!

Now comes the hard part. That school wants a $750 non-refundable deposit to hold my spot. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but I have no idea if I'm going to be able to go to their school.

My husband is in the Navy and there are currently 4 places (all corners of the US) that he could be stationed. We won't know which one it will be for a couple of months. On top of that he'd be stationed in Maine and the school is in New Hampshire so we wouldn't be able to live together anyway...but we'd be 1-2 hours away.

I'm leaning towards just paying the deposit as a safety net, cause I'd hate to end up in Maine and not going to pharmacy school. (I will be receiving $10K from my father's life insurance policy that I'm putting toward school, so the actual amount of the deposit isn't much of a problem).

My acceptance to this school does bode well for my acceptance to the Florida school. That is really our first choice, for him to get stationed here in Florida and me go to school here. This would mean no moving (yay) and we get to actually live together (double yay)!! Now we just hope that the Navy and the pharmacy school gods all agree that we stay here in Florida.

1 Responses to “School/Navy woes”

  1. homebody Says:

    Gosh that's a tough one. Have you talked to the school about the situation? I am praying to the Navy and pharmacy schools gods too!

    OH and by the way, congratulations!

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]